Monday, June 2, 2008

You've got some competition now FireHouse Red

Several of my friends and myself love, and I mean LOVE, this cranberry wine pictured below. Most wine people drink is made with grapes. This wine is made with cranberries. It's made in Milton-Freewater Oregon, which is about 14 miles from our home. It's made at KW Cellars. I never been to the winery, I get the wine through my mother in law (my sister in-law's mother). Her and her family see the man who makes this wine and he'll just leave some with her if I tell her I want some. I've been meaning to go out and check his place out and meet him, but I haven't yet. I introduced several friends to this wine and we all love it. I tell people be careful, you'll get yourself in trouble with this stuff. It's very sweet and has a great flavor. I though it was going to be tart because of the cranberries but it's not tart at all. We took a bottle to Seattle with us and enjoyed it on our trip.
This wine won a Silver label in a West Coast Wine Competition in 2006

1 comment:

Shannan A.k.a.---Shay said...

I AM ADDICTED....So if I send you some $$ can you buy it and send it to me?? I am being for reals! Let me know!