Monday, February 4, 2008

Is my vacation over already?

It's definatly a Monday. The day is taking FOREVER to get through. Today is my first day back after a 4 day weekend. I'm already day dreaming about my next vacation! I will tell you this Jason and I are going back to the beach for our anniversary. Now that's a vacation I'm excited for! (Picture on the left is on our honeymoon at Lincoln City beach). On this trip we will also visit a friend who moved to Portland this last spring. It will be good to see him. There is another person I know who lives in Portland that I would love to visit, but unfortantly we don't talk anymore. Long story short, he was a real good friend, or so I thought, always there for me, always cheering me up, you know always just being a friend. I talked to him a week before my wedding and I was telling him how I was nervous and I was really excited to see him. He ensures me that HE WILL BE THERE. As you can guess he never showed up. I called him a week later and he acts like nothing happend. He acts like he didn't miss the most important day of my life, whom I want to share this day with everyone I love, and he tells me that it wasn't really a big deal. I havn't talked to him since. This was a friend who I called or called me at least once a month. I miss him a lot but realized after the whole thing, there's a reason he's not in my life anymore, and there's a reason why he didn't come! I wish I could say that I was stopping by to visit my friend Russell but I won't be saying that for a long time if ever.

Jason is going to attempt hockey tonight, so we'll see if his knee is any better. There tournament is next week, so he's dying to get out there. I've been thinking about what's for dinner for the last couple of hours and I'm really hungry. That's like going grocery shopping when your hungry, never a good idea. We are having fajita's or nachoes. Both sound good, we'll just have to see what I feel like when I start cooking dinner.

We recieved the last of the W2's we have been waiting for. Jason had one from Spokane that of course they didn't send out until January 31! I think we'll file them tonight or tomorrow. I'm sure it will be tomorrow since there is hockey tonight. This will be our first time filing as married. I'm kinda excited to see if it makes a difference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the BEACH is the BEST vacation spot! I cannot wait to go next year to the Oregon coast...If you have any good things we should see, let me know! I was lazy tired today, so we ordered pizza in tonite which is okay cause we have not had it in a long time. So tomorrow Brent and I go to his Neuologist (spelling?) to see what they found out when they took his cat scan. I am kind of nervous about the appointment, he has been so absent minded lately since the stroke, maybe that has something to do with it! I will keep you posted. Filing together as married does not make to much of a difference. We got like 4200 back this year, but we get a child and I get Head of house and Brent gets diability benefits. YEAHHHH!!! Well I will let you know about the doctors, keep us in your prayers!

Morgan said...

Shannan your family is always in our prayers. Way to go on the tax refund, how awesome is that! Keep us posted.

jason said...

Our names in the sand turned out really good. We had a nice honeymoon. Much love