Thursday, January 24, 2008

My poor boy Vinnie

I had to take my cat Vinnie to the vet last night. About an half an hour after I got home from work he started doing some weird stuff. First I thought he had a hair ball. He was gagging like he was trying to get something up. Then he started scratching at his mouth when he would do this. He was doing this gagging & scratching like every 15-20 seconds. So Jason and I headed to the emergency vet clinic. We went to our normal vet and they were closed so they called the on call vet and we went to a different clinic. Once we got there he wasn't doing it as often. I first thought he had something stuck in his throat and he got it out. So Jason and I sat in the truck and waited for him to do it again. Well he did start doing it again. We took him inside and waited for the vet. The actual vet wasn't there yet, so a vet assistant came in and was checking his gums and heart beat. While she was looking at his gums, she noticed he had just lost some baby teeth. As in he had lost baby teeth within the hour. After checking him over she figured out that he had a very very loose baby tooth that was bothering him. He was trying to get it out. She then told us that we could still wait for the vet but we would have to pay the $100.00 emergency fee. We felt comfortable with what she said, so we declined seeing the vet and left. I watched him for a couple hours after we got home and he was fine. I checked that tooth this morning and he has not lost it yet, but it's going to be gone anytime now. I was so worried about my boy. I know why Jason and I freak when something is wrong! We had a kitten a couple of years ago, that we got from the paper. We had him less then a week, when one morning I woke up and he wouldn't move. I took him to the emergency vet clinic and he died there. Jason and I were both very upset by this. So last night when Vinnie started acting weird immediately I thought of Clyde. Our cats are like our children, we are extremely attached to them. I had to drop Vinnie off at the vet this morning for his neutered appointment. I was sad leaving him there after what happened last night. I know he'll be fine, but I'll be so happy when he comes come tomorrow. We can pick him up after 10:00, I think I'll go get him on my lunch break. I already miss the little guy so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your Vinnie is good! I remember when I had to put my doggie down after having him for 15 years...VERY HARD! I will keep in in my thoughts and he WILL be fine! Have a good day and try not to worry too much!!!

Morgan said...

Thanks Shannan, your so great!!