Thursday, October 22, 2009

1 rain puddle at a time

It was raining again today and as I was going into my house after work I stopped for about 2 minutes and thought about rain. I thought about how much I love the smell right before it rains and even the smell after it rains. I thought about how much I love the sound of the rain. I thought about how when I was a kid I loved rain puddles. I thought about when I was a kid how much I loved twirling around in the rain. So I walked over to the mailboxes and I started twirling around with my umbrella and then I jumped in a rain puddle that was in the parking lot. I was laughing, jumping, talking to myself, having a blast. Right then I realized, I don't have to be a kid to enjoy twirling around and jumping in rain puddles. Life may be a lot harder now then it was when I was a kid, but it's also a lot more rewarding now as an adult. If it's raining tomorrow I'm gonna go find me some big rain puddles.
***
Dear Neighbors, that lady twirling around and jumping in the rain puddles with the huge pink/green/blue stripped umbrella, laughing and talking to herself, yea she's really ok. Sorry about all the commotion. Your more then welcome to join next time. Have a great day.
-Morgan

2 comments:

Annie said...

The rain is so awesome. I was so happy to step outside after work and smell that awesome rain smell. It's so refreshing.

And I now have the greatest image of you playing in the rain. LOL.

REENblack said...

You make me smile! I am one of the few people I know who LOVES the rain!!! I would totally join you in rain time festivities!!!