Monday, May 25, 2009

Our first baking date

Saturday afternoon Annie (my friend) came over and we made cake pops. We started about 1:00 and didn't finish till about 4:00. Thankgoodness she had brought the cake over, I didn't make one! We mixed everything up and put the mix into the freezer. We would pull a little out at a time and roll into balls (I say we but Annie really did most of them=] It's easier to roll when it's been chilled (but not to chilled or they will crack) Then dip them in your melted chocolate. We got about 56 balls(Ithink). Annie's wedding is in 3 weeks and she is making these for her bridal shower. Her wedding colors are hot pink and black. I love love love her sprinkles. My sister & her friend *M* (you saw her in the prom pictures not to long ago) came down and visited us after the racehorses. They were only here for about an hour cuz they had to get back for the rodeo. While they were here they helped wrap and tie the cake pops, which was a lot of help to us. After they left we went and picked up Annie's man James and went and got some pizza. Jason & I had never had this pizza and it was the bomb, we'll defiantly be going back. After dinner we chilled with Annie & James (and I did not pass out which is awesome for me) for a while till they left for home around 1:00. I love when you have those kind of unexpected nights where you really did nothing but hang out with some BA friends and eat some BA pizza.

2 comments:

Shannan A.k.a.---Shay said...

I NEED that how to make....I think those are the greatest thing ever. How FUN!

REENblack said...

Those look sooo cool! I love the colors! What a great party idea!

I really need to learn how to make these too! You need to post a link on your sidebar or something! ;-)