Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Figgeting in the passenger seat

Jason's work has been doing layoffs for a couple months now. They told a couple people when the layoffs first started that they would be ok. Jason was one of these people. His department started out with say 15 people. Then they went down to 10 people. Then 8, then 6, then 4, now it's just 2 of them. Jason is one of these 2. He's been being sent home early for months now. A few hours here, a few hours there, but really it has not hurt us bad. We've talked about him getting a new job or getting a second job part time but his job is a good job and if they make room for him else where we were ok with that. Rumor was that the 2 people left in "auto" would be moved to "home". We were holding out for "home" and waiting for the change. Yesterday Jason's floor manager asked him if he would like to run the .net department. He said yes of course, he'd rather do .net then "home", and she said "that's all I needed to know". I'm so excited that they thought of Jason for that position. He's trying not to get excited in case he's moved to "home" but I can't help it. Now we're playing the waiting game again, but this time I'm ok with it. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and I'm waiting for the road bumps to smooth out.

Jason, 2/28/09

1 comment:

SHANNAN said...

My fingers are crossed for Jason! Keep me posted!