Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In need of a fun family activity

Jason got a GPS for his birthday, and I've been such a slacker I still haven't posted anything about it. We have been going on some geo caches lately, and I'm really into them. They have this web sight where you can find geo caches in your area. You put in the coordinates and your GPS tells you where to go. Some of the caches have multiple locations. The original coordinates given to you may lead you to some more iodinates where the actual treasure is. We went on one last week that was at a cemetery. You were given coordinates to a grave and you had to add the year they were born and the year they died together and divide that number by another number ( it sounds hard, but it's really not). Then those new coordinates lead us to another location across town, which is where we finally found our treasure. I've seen on the internet they have traveling bugs, where if you go out of town you take this travel bug with you and hide it, and leave the new coordinates online for others to find. When we go to Spokane, I'm going to take one up. I'm working on my own geo cache now, and I'm thinking I'll be doing a lot of them. I'm having a lot of fun hiding them. Jason loves it because he can mark good fishing spots and such. If anyone is interested in the geo cache sight let me know. I'd love to hunt some of your treasures. Happy hunting ♥

No comments: