Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our first concert together

Jason & I went to the local fair concert last week. We saw Joey & Rory and Blake Shelton. I just started listening to country in the last couple years so I was excited. Jason on the other hand was not as excited (I pretty much forced him to go =] and was dreading the entire thing. He informed me the night before the concert he was taking his own car in case he got tired and needed to leave (AKA He was planning on leaving early). So we headed out early enough to eat some yummy fair food. We both had an amazing sausage dog with grilled onions, we shared a thing of beer battered fries (AMAZING) and Jason topped the evening off with a Carmel apple. We (usually) only get fair food once a year so we take full advantage of it =] After eating we headed to our seats and waited for the concert to start. Joey & Rory were the opening act. They were a lot better then I thought they were going to be and I really enjoyed a lot of their songs. Blake Shelton was really good. He was super funny, and played lots of great songs. Jason stayed for the entire concert and as we were walking out he informed me that he was glad I made him go.

2 comments:

tkfilan said...

I was completely impressed with the concert this year!!! They all did a great job and weren't Joey & Rory the cutest!

REENblack said...

Isn't it amazing what you actually enjoy when you make yourself do something? Glad you had a good time together! That's usually the most important thing, doing it together!