Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's a lot cooler then I thought it would be

4 months ago I showed you this picture.....

I finished the pink one yesterday.


I LOVE IT

I got the case at IKEA. They come totally unassembled (super cheap). This project was time consuming but TOTALLY worth it. I hope to work on & finish the blue one next weekend...
edit: Elissa asked if I painted these and I have to tell, I did not! Each drawer is scrapbook paper I mod podged-is that even a word?- on. Once the paper was dried on the wood I added coat after coat (once coat was dry) of mod podge. I think there is a total of 4 or 5 coats.
It seems that the hardest part about this project is finding a good spot for it =] I've moved it from room to room, I think it's going to be used in the craft room.

3 comments:

REENblack said...

That is so stinking cute!!!

Did you free-hand paint all those?!?! If you did, you are my hero!!! Those look amazing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lipstick one, and the flowers next to it!!!

Now, where are you going to put it and what are you going to put in it???

PS Check out my blog tomorrow!

Annie said...

That came out awesome!! I love the different drawers!! That is an awesome idea. I love the heart paper drawer (top upper left). It looks painted on.

You are super crafty.

Tiffany said...

So I am thinking that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You always have the greatest ideas!! You're awesome Mo Mo! I would love to be craft and do crafts lord knows I have the time to do it!